Mt Shasta Ski Patrol
Volunteer Patrol - Candidate Training Program
The Volunteer Patrol's candidate training program is designed to train and development the necessary skills to needed to become a basic patroller.
There are five basic requirements to qualify to enter the Candidate Training Program:
- Successfully complete an interview process.
- Successfully pass a skiing or boarding skills assessment.
- Possess a current CPR certification;
- Possess a current Outdoor Emergency Care certification or an EMT-B, Wilderness First Responder or higher certification/license. You may begin candidate training if you are currently enrolled in an approved medical course.
- Register with the National Ski Patrol
The Candidate Program consists of a series of disciplines on which you will be trained and evaluated. These include:
- Skiing/Boarding Proficiency
- Toboggan-Handling Proficiency
- Incident Site Management
- Hill Safety
- Medical & Rescue Skills
- OEC certification
- Basic Patrol Test.
For more information regarding the Candidate Training Program
Click on the "Join" tab